Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Study of fluorine losses in oxyfluoride glasses
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de Brasília (UnB)
- Glasses in PbGeO3-PbF-CdF2 and GeO2-PbO-PbF2-CdF2 systems were studied and the fluorine losses during synthesis were investigated. Samples were characterized by differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), X-ray diffraction, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and Raman scattering spectroscopy. The use of stoichiometric germanate glass, PbGeO3, instead of introducing individual oxides (GeO2 + PbO) lead to decreasing fluorine losses, as detected by a fluorine ion selective electrode. The main structural features obtained from vibrational spectroscopy could be described by a metagermanate basic structure permeating fluorine rich regions. (c) 2005 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Non-crystalline Solids. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 351, n. 52-54, p. 3804-3808, 2005.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.