Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Rural-urban migration in D-dimensional lattices
- Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The rural-urban migration phenomenon is analyzed by using an agent-based computational model. Agents are placed on lattices which dimensions varying from d = 2 up to d = 7. The localization of the agents in the lattice defines that their social neighborhood (rural or urban) is not related to their spatial distribution. The effect of the dimension of lattice is studied by analyzing the variation of the main parameters that characterizes the migratory process. The dynamics displays strong effects even for around one million of sites, in higher dimensions (d = 6, 7).
- International Journal of Modern Physics C. Singapore: World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd, v. 16, n. 12, p. 1831-1840, 2005.
- World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd
- rural-urban migration
- Monte Carlo methods
- computational modelling
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.