Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Determination of the vinylsulphone azo dye, remazol brilliant orange 3R, by cathodic stripping voltammetry
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Loughborough Univ Technol
- Remazol brilliant orange 3R shows only a voltammetric peak for the reduction of the azo group. No peak was observed for the reduction of the sulfatoethylsulfone or vinylsulfone reactive groups. The reduction of a pre-protonated ate group involving a two-electron process, gives a hydrate derivative in acidic solution. In alkaline solution the reduction process occurs at more negative potential with the formation of an unstable hydrate compound which decomposes via HN-NH bond cleavage and loss of a sulfate group. Optimum conditions are given for the cathodic stripping voltammetric determination of dir: dye in aqueous solution. The optimum accumulation potential and time were 0 V and up to 60 s, respectively. Linear calibration graphs were obtained from 30 to 300 ng ml(-1) in pH 4 and 6.2 to 62 ng ml(-1) in pH 10. The limit of determination obtained was 1.5 ng ml(-1) (pH 10). The coefficient of variation was 2.6% (n = 7) at 62 ng ml(-1) of the reactive dye. (C) 1999 Elsevier B.V. B.V. All rights reserved.
- Analytica Chimica Acta. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 385, n. 1-3, p. 385-392, 1999.
- Elsevier B.V.
- reactive dye
- remazol brilliant orange 3R
- electrochemical behavior
- bidimensional NMR
- cathodic stripping voltammetry
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.