Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- GROUND-STATE-ENERGY OF SINGULAR POTENTIALS
- TATA INST FUNDAMENTAL RES
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- It is shown that for singular potentials of the form lambda/r(alpha),the asymptotic form of the wave function both at r --> infinity and r --> 0 plays an important role. Using a wave function having the correct asymptotic behavior for the potential lambda/r(4), it is, shown that it gives the exact ground-state energy for this potential when lambda --> 0, as given earlier by Harrell [Ann. Phys. (NY) 105, 379 (1977)]. For other values of the coupling parameter X, a trial basis;set of wave functions which also satisfy the correct boundary conditions at r --> infinity and r --> 0 are used to find the ground-state energy of the singular potential lambda/r(4) It is shown that the obtained eigenvalues are in excellent agreement with their exact ones for a very large range of lambda values.
- Physical Review A. College Pk: American Physical Soc, v. 49, n. 2, p. 1477-1479, 1994.
- American Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.