Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A new island species of Scinax (Anura; Hylidae) from southeastern Brazil
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- A new species of hylid frog, from the genus Scinax, is described from Ilha de Porcos Pequena at the southern coast of São Paulo State, southeastern Brazil. The new species belongs to the Scinax perpusillus species group and is diagnosed by the following set of characters: moderate-size (males 16.2-18.8 turn SVL, female 18.8-20.6 mm SVL); canthus rostralis distinct and well defined; V-shaped depression between nostrils; eyes protruding and prominent, glandular skin surface of legs. This new species is found only on Ilha de Porcos Pequena, an island of approximately 24 ha and, therefore, is threatened because of restricted range size and susceptibility to habitat modification.
- Journal of Herpetology. St Louis: Soc Study Amphibians Reptiles, v. 41, n. 2, p. 271-275, 2007.
- Soc Study Amphibians Reptiles
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.