Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Effect of the modifier ion on the properties of MgFe2O4 and ZnFe2O4 pigments
- Universidade Federal da Paraíba (UFPB)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)
- Magnesium and zinc ferrites have been prepared by the polymeric precursor method. The organic material decomposition was studied by thermogravimetry (TG) and differential thermal analysis (DTA). The variation of crystalline phases and particle morphology with calcination temperature were investigated using X-ray diffraction (XRD) and scanning electronic microscopy (SEM), respectively. The colors of the ferrites were evaluated using colorimetry. Magnesium ferrite crystallizes above 800 degrees C, presenting a yellow-orange color with a reflectance peak at the 600-650 nm range, while zinc ferrite crystallizes at 600 degrees C, with a reflectance peak between 650-700 nm, corresponding to the red-brick color.
- Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry. Dordrecht: Springer, v. 87, n. 3, p. 709-713, 2007.
- magnesium ferrite
- thermal analysis
- zinc ferrite
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.