Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Utilization of Spirillum volutans for monitoring the toxicity of effluents of a cellulose and paper industry
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The motility of Spirillum volutans was used for monitoring the toxicity of effluents of a cellulose and paper industry. Results indicated that there was no correlation between organic content and the toxic effects of the residues in the effluents. The effluents from the chlorination step and from the sludge ponds presented the highest toxicity. on the other hand, the final effluent from the biological treatment basin had no toxic agent. This bioassay showed to be a simple and reliable technique that can be used for adequately monitoring the toxicity of effluents.
- Revista de Microbiologia. São Paulo: Soc Brasileira Microbiologia, v. 28, n. 1, p. 23-24, 1997.
- Soc Brasileira Microbiologia
- Spirillum volutans
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.