Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Physicochemical parameters involved in the lethal toxicity of N,N-[(dimethylamino)ethyl]-4-substituted benzoate hydrochlorides: A QSAR study
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- UNIV HEIDELBERG
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- A set of sixteen para-substituted N,N-[(dimethylamino)ethyl] benzoate hydrochlorides structurally related to procaine was synthesized. The apparent partition coefficients were determined by either shake-flask or HPLC methods and were taken as hydrophobic parameters. The IR stretching frequencies of the carbonyl group were determined in chloroform and taken as one of the electronic parameters. Additional physicochemical parameters were either taken from the literature: pi, sigma, T and R, MR4, or calculated: log P. The lethal potency was determined in the mouse via the LD50. In order to verify the nature and the relative contributions of the physicochemical parameters to lethal toxicity, QSAR equations were derived using regression analysis. A major contribution of hydrophobicity to ether with a smaller but still significant contribution of electronic or polar properties was found to a describe the toxicity within this set of compounds.
- European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. Paris: Editions Scientifiques Medicales Elsevier, v. 32, n. 5, p. 433-443, 1997.
- Elsevier B.V.
- physicochemical parameters
- para-substituted N,N-[(dimethylamino)ethyl]benzoate hydrochlorides
- lethal toxicity
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.