Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- 4f-4f intensities of the Tm3+ ions in fluoroindate glasses: the influence of third-order effects through odd intensity parameters
- Univ Ind Santander
- Universidad de los Andes
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In this work an analysis of the phenomenological Omega(lambda) intensity parameters for the Tm3+ ion in fluoroindate glass is made using the standard Judd-Ofelt theory, and a modified oscillator strength taking into account odd-order contributions is utilized. Different sets of phenomenological intensity parameters Omega(lambda) (lambda=1,2,3,4,5,6) are discussed. The set of better quality is used to analyze the influence of third-order effects through odd intensity parameters in the new approximation. Fluoroindate glasses of compositions (40-x)InF3-20ZnF(2)-20SrF(2)-16BaF(2)-2GdF(3)-2NaF-xTmF(3) with x=1, 2 and 3 mol% were prepared, and the absorption spectra at room temperature in the spectral range from 300 to 2500 nm were obtained. The experimental oscillator strengths determined from the area under the absorption band are compared to the calculated ones. (C) 1998 Elsevier B.V. S.A.
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds. Lausanne: Elsevier B.V. Sa, v. 275, p. 333-337, 1998.
- Elsevier B.V.
- intensity parameter
- fluoroindate glass
- Judd-Ofelt theory
- absorption spectra
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.