Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- NUMERICAL STUDY OF TRANSPORT IN A DISSIPATIVE MEDIUM
- Universidade Federal de Juiz de Fora (UFJF)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- A numerical study of propagation of a particle through a one-dimensional dissipative medium is presented. The medium is composed of several dissipative sections, which are characterized by their friction coefficients eta. In particular, we have considered two types of friction coefficients distributed orderly or disorderly along the chain. For the same relative proportion of the coefficients, we have found that transport can be enhanced in the disordered distribution in comparison with the ordered one. We also show how this can be considered an approximated way to treat the propagation in a dissipative medium with a position-dependent friction coefficient.
- Physical Review A. College Pk: American Physical Soc, v. 45, n. 6, p. 3592-3595, 1992.
- American Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.