Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Validação de métodos para determinação do teor de 3-hidroxibutirato e 3-hidroxivalerato em polímero biodegradável
- Validation of methods for determining the content of 3-hydroxybutyrate and 3-hydroxyvalerate in a biodegradable polymer
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- PHB Ind S A
- The efficiency of two methods for determining 3-hydroxybutyrate and 3-hydroxyvalerate content in the biopolymer (poly(3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate) has been evaluated. Both methods are based on (a) the hydrolysis of polymers, (b) the esterification with methyl (method A) and isoamilic alcohol (method B) and (c) analysis of the esters by gas chromatography using flame ionization detection (GC-FID). After optimization of the analytical conditions, the main validation parameters (linearity, quantification limit, detection limit, recovery, sensitivity and precision) were determined showing that both analytical procedures can be applied to control the process of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) production. However, method B gives better analytical results than method A and has the advantage of not using chlorinated solvents.
- Quimica Nova. São Paulo: Soc Brasileira Quimica, v. 30, n. 8, p. 1951-1955, 2007.
- Soc Brasileira Quimica
- validation of methods
- biopolymer analysis
- polyhydroxyalkanoate composition
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.