Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Nonlinear behavior of TiO2 center dot Ta2O5 center dot MnO2 material doped with BaO and Bi2O3
- Univ Sao Francisco
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- A study was made on the effect of the addition of BaO (0.025-0.05 mol%) and Bi2O3 (0.025-0.05 mol%) to the TiO2.Ta2O5.MnO2 material. The samples were characterized by X-ray diffraction, and current-voltage measurements were accomplished for determination of the nonlinear coefficient. An analysis was made to evaluate the microstructural characteristics of the materials. The most appropriate sintering conditions for the materials were analyzed with the purpose of obtaining the best nonlinear coefficient associated with the smallest breakdown electric field. After sintering at 1400 degreesC for 2 h, a low-voltage (30 V cm(-1)) varistor was obtained, which, however, presented a low nonlinear coefficient (6). It was found that the sintering conditions must be controlled in order to improve the electrical properties of these materials. (C) 2004 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Materials Chemistry and Physics. Lausanne: Elsevier B.V. Sa, v. 85, n. 1, p. 96-103, 2004.
- Elsevier B.V.
- electrical ceramics
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.