Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Designing Gaussian basis sets to the theoretical study of the piezoelectric effect of perovskite (BaTiO3)
- Fed Univ Para
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Gaussian basis sets (24s14p, 30s19p14d, and 33s21p14d for O (P-3), Ti (S-5), and Ba (S-1) atoms, respectively), are designed with the strategy of the Generator Coordinate Hartree-Fock method. The basis sets are then contracted to [6s4p], [10s5p4d], and [16s9p5d] to O, Ti, and Ba atoms, respectively, and used in calculations of total and orbital energies of (TiO+2)-Ti-1 and (BaO)-Ba-1 fragments for quality evaluation in molecular studies. For O atom, the [6s4p] basis set is enriched with d polarization function and used along with the [10s5p4d] and [16s9p5d] basis sets for the theoretical study of the piezoelectric effect of perovskite (BaTiO3). The results of this work evidence that the piezoelectric properties in BaTiO3 can be caused by electrostatic interactions. (C) 2003 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Molecular Structure-theochem. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 671, n. 1-3, p. 71-75, 2004.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Gaussian basis sets
- generator coordinate Hartree-Fock method
- piezoelectric effect
- barium titanate
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.