Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Investigation of electrical properties of tantalum doped SnO2 varistor system
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Ta2O5 doped SnO2 varistor systems containing 0.5 mol% ZnO and 0.5 mol% Coo were prepared by mixed oxide method. Considering that ZnO and Coo oxides are densification additives only the SnO(2)center dot ZnO center dot CoO ceramics cannot exhibit electrical nonlinearity. A small amount of Ta2O5 improves the nonlinear properties of the samples greatly. The height and width of the defect barriers were calculated. It was found that samples doped with 0.05 mol% Ta2O5 exhibit the highest density (98.5%), the lowest electric breakdown field (E-b = 1100 V/cm) and the highest coefficient of nonlinearity (alpha = 11.5). The effect of Ta2O5 dopant could be explained by the substitution of Ta5+ by Sn4+. A grain-boundary defect barrier model for the SnO(2)center dot ZnO center dot CoO center dot Ta2O5 varistor system was also introduced. (c) 2004 Elsevier Ltd and Techna Group S.r.l. All rights reserved.
- Ceramics International. Oxford: Elsevier B.V., v. 31, n. 3, p. 399-404, 2005.
- Elsevier B.V.
- tin dioxide
- tantalum oxide
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.