Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- MONTE-CARLO SIMULATION OF POLYAMPHOLYTE CHAINS
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Polyampholyte copolymers containing both positive and negative monomers regularly dispersed along the chain were studied. The Monte Carlo method was used to simulate chains with charged monomers interacting by screened Coulomb potential. The neutral polyampholyte chains collapse due to the attractive electrostatic interactions. The nonneutral chains are in extended conformations due to the repulsive polyelectrolyte effects that dominate the attractive polyampholyte interactions. The results are in good agreement with experiment.
- Molecular Simulation. Reading: Gordon Breach Sci Publ Ltd, v. 11, n. 6, p. 337-344, 1993.
- Gordon Breach Sci Publ Ltd
- POLYAMPHOLYTE COPOLYMERS
- MONTE CARLO SIMULATION
- POLYAMPHOLYTE EFFECT
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.