Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- THE ALGEBRA OF NONLOCAL CHARGES IN NONLINEAR SIGMA-MODELS
- University of Rochester
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We obtain the exact classical algebra obeyed by the conserved non-local charges in bosonic non-linear sigma models. Part of the computation is specialized for a symmetry group O(N). As it turns out the algebra corresponds to a cubic deformation of the Kac-Moody algebra. We generalize the results for the presence of a Wess-Zumino term. The algebra is very similar to the previous one, now containing a calculable correction of order one unit lower. The relation with Yangians and the role of the results in the context of Lie-Poisson algebras are also discussed.
- Communications In Mathematical Physics. New York: Springer Verlag, v. 166, n. 2, p. 379-396, 1994.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.