Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- On bifurcation and symmetry of solutions of symmetric nonlinear equations with odd-harmonic forcings
- GEORGIA INST TECHNOL
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In this work we study existence, bifurcation, and symmetries of small solutions of the nonlinear equation Lx = N(x, p, epsilon) + mu f, which is supposed to be equivariant under the action of a group OHm, and where f is supposed to be OHm-invariant. We assume that L is a linear operator and N(., p, epsilon) is a nonlinear operator, both defined in a Banach space X, with values in a Banach space Z, and p, mu, and epsilon are small real parameters. Under certain conditions we show the existence of symmetric solutions and under additional conditions we prove that these are the only feasible solutions. Some examples of nonlinear ordinary and partial differential equations are analyzed. (C) 1995 Academic Press, Inc.
- Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. San Diego: Academic Press Inc. Jnl-comp Subscriptions, v. 196, n. 2, p. 526-553, 1995.
- Academic Press Inc. Jnl-comp Subscriptions
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.