Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A doorway to Borromean halo nuclei: the Samba configuration
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Ctr Tecn Aeroesp
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- We exploit the possibility of new configurations in three-body halo nuclei, Samba type (the neutron-core form a bound system) as a doorway to Borromean systems. The nuclei Be-12, B-15, N-23 and F-27 are of such nature, in particular N-23 with a half-life of 37.7 s and a halo radius of 6.07 fm is an excellent example of Samba-halo configuration. The fusion below the barrier of the Samba halo nuclei with heavy targets could reveal the so far elusive enhancement and a dominance of one-neutron over two-neutron transfers, in contrast to what was found recently for the Borromean halo nucleus He-6 + U-238.
- Modern Physics Letters A. Singapore: World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd, v. 21, n. 22, p. 1749-1755, 2006.
- World Scientific Publ Co Pte Ltd
- halo nuclei
- three-body system
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.