Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Nonlinear optical properties of antimony-germanium-sulfur glasses at 1560 nm
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Ciência e Tecnologia do Estado de Pernambuco (FACEPE)
- Millenium Institute
- Nanophotonics Network Program
- Nonlinear (NL) optical properties of antimony-germanium-sulfur (Sb-Ge-S) glasses were investigated using laser pulses of 65 fs at 1560 nm. Samples having concentration ratio [S]/[Ge]=2.69 with different antimony concentrations were studied. Glasses with different oxidation states of Sb were investigated using the thermally managed Z -scan technique. The influence of the Sb oxidation state on the NL properties was evaluated. NL refraction indices of electronic origin, n (2)a parts per thousand 10(-13) cm(2)/W, two-orders of magnitude larger than for fused silica and NL absorption coefficients smaller than 0.55 cm/GW were measured. Appropriate figures-of-merit for photonic applications were determined.
- Applied Physics B-lasers and Optics. New York: Springer, v. 94, n. 3, p. 499-502, 2009.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.