Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Herpesvirus infection with severe lymphoid necrosis affecting a beaked whale stranded in the Canary Islands
- Univ Las Palmas Gran Canaria
- CISA INIA
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Direccion General del Medio Natural del Gobierno de Canarias
- Ministerio de Ciência e Innovacion
- Ministerio de Medio Ambiente, Rural y Marino
- Agencia Canaria de Investigacion
- MICINN: CGL 2009/12663
- Agencia Canaria de Investigacion: C200801000288
- This report describes the pathologic findings in a single, adult female Cuvier's beaked whale Ziphius cavirostris stranded in the Canary Islands. The study indicated that this whale died with a severe, systemic, herpesviral infection and clearly exhibited lesions different from those of the fat and gas embolic syndrome described in beaked whale mass strandings associated with sonar exposure. This is the first report of a cetacean alphaherpesvirus infection of the lymphoid system in a beaked whale.
- Diseases of Aquatic Organisms. Oldendorf Luhe: Inter-research, v. 89, n. 3, p. 261-264, 2010.
- Beaked whale
- Herpes virus
- Lymphoid system
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.