Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Frequency upconversion properties of Tm3+ doped TeO2-ZnO glasses containing silver nanoparticles
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
- Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares (IPEN)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Ciência e Tecnologia do Estado de Pernambuco (FACEPE)
- Frequency upconversion (UC) properties of Tm3+ doped TeO2-ZnO glasses containing silver nanoparticles (NPs) were investigated. Infrared-to-visible and infrared-to-infrared UC processes associated to the Tm3+ ions were studied by exciting the samples with a cw 1050 nm ytterbium laser. The luminescence intensity as a function of laser intensity was also measured using a pulsed 1047 nm Nd3+:YVO laser in order to determine the number of photons participating in the UC processes. Enhancement of the UC signals for samples heat-treated during various time intervals is attributed to the growth of the local field in the vicinity of the NPs. PL enhancement by one-order of magnitude was observed in the whole spectrum of the samples heat-treated during 48 h. on the other hand PL quenching was observed for the samples heat-treated more than 48 h. (c) 2011 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds. Lausanne: Elsevier B.V. Sa, v. 536, p. S504-S506, 2012.
- Elsevier B.V. Sa
- Nanostructured materials
- Rare-earth compounds
- Optical properties
- Localized surface plasmons
- Frequency upconversion
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.