Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Photoluminescent behavior of BaWO4 powders processed in microwave-hydrothermal
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Photoluminescence (PL) at room temperature was observed in BaWO4 powders processed in microwave-hydrothermal at 140 degrees C for different times. The phases were characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD) and Fourier transform Raman (FT-Raman) measurements. XRD and FT-Raman analyses revealed that the BaWO4 powders present a tetragonal structure and free of deleterious phases. Ultraviolet-visible absorption spectroscopy was employed to determine the optical band gap of this material. PL measurements at room temperature showed a maximum emission at around 543 nm (green emission) when excited with 488 nm wavelength. PL behavior was attributed to the existence of distortions on the [WO4] tetrahedron groups caused by microwave radiation. (C) 2008 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds. Lausanne: Elsevier B.V. Sa, v. 474, n. 1-2, p. 195-200, 2009.
- Elsevier B.V. Sa
- Optical materials
- Crystal structure
- Optical properties
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.