Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Interfacial photoluminescence emission properties of core/shell Al2O3/ZrO2
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Federal de Pelotas (UFPEL)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- This research investigated the synthesis of the Al2O3/ZrO2 core-shell system using a polymeric precursor method. The interfacial features emission show the possibility for control of the luminescence behaviour. X-ray diffraction (XRD) patterns are well defined for alpha-Al2O3 and for gamma-Al2O3, core structures and a zirconia shell phase for high concentrations. Photoluminescence (PL) spectra (lambda(exc) = 350.7 nm) reveal that the effect of the zirconia coating on the alumina was more effective for alpha-Al2O3 than for gamma-Al2O3 which may be related to the zirconia coating process on alumina. The image transmission electron microscopy (TEM) shows an amorphous region of 10 nm which is attributed to a ZrO2 shell layer.
- Crystengcomm. Cambridge: Royal Soc Chemistry, v. 14, n. 2, p. 393-396, 2012.
- Royal Soc Chemistry
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.