Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Níveis de proteína bruta e de energia metabolizável para frangas de postura semipesadas de 1 a 18 semanas de idade
- Crude protein and metabolizavel energy levels for eggy-type pullets from 1 to 18 weeks of age
- Universidade Federal da Paraíba (UFPB)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The aim of this experiment was to evaluate the performance of commercial layers between 1 and 18 weeks of age submitted to different crude protein (CP) and metabolizable energy (ME) levels. The trial was carried out at the poultry sector of the Department of Animal Science, of the Centro de Ciencias Agrarias, Universidade Federal of Paraiba, Areia-PB, Brazil. Four hundred and thirty-two Lohmann Brown chicks were used at 3 days of age according to a completely randomized design in a 3 x 3 factorial scheme, with three CP levels and three ME levels. In the first phase (1-6 wk), the birds were fed with diets containing three levels of CP: 21, 22 or 23% CP and three levels of ME: 2,900, 3,000 and 3,100 kcal/kg diet. In the second phase (7-12 wk) and in the third phases (13-18 wk), CP levels of feeding were 18, 19 or 20%, and 16, 17 or 18%, respectively, and three ME levels being 2,700, 2,800 or 2,900 kcal ME/kg diet in these two phases. It was not found interaction between CP and ME levels. Based on the results obtained one recommends for the phases from 1 to 6, 7 to 12 and 13 to 18 weeks of age the levels of 21 % of CP and 2900 kcal of ME/kg diets, 20% of CP and 2700 kcal of ME/kg diets and 16% of CP and 2700 kcal of ME/kg diets respectively.
- Ciência e Agrotecnologia. Lavras: Universidade Federal de Lavras (UFLA), v. 32, n. 1, p. 258-266, 2008.
- Universidade Federal de Lavras (UFLA)
- nutritional requirements
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.