Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Structure and growth mechanism of CuO plates obtained by microwave-hydrothermal without surfactants
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Lab Nacl Luz Sincrotron
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- FAPESP: 09/50303-4
- CuO plates were obtained by microwave-hydrothermal processing at 130 C for 30 min without any surfactant. X-ray diffraction, Rietveld refinement and selected area electron diffraction showed that the CuO plates present a monoclinic structure without secondary phases. The nitrogen adsorption isotherm measurements revealed a specific surface area of approximately 30 m(2)/g. Field-emission gun scanning electron microscopy and transmission electron microscope micrographs indicated that the growth process of these plates was through Ostwald ripening and aggregation of plates surface by Van der Waals forces along to the two  and  directions. (C) 2009 The Society of Powder Technology Japan. Published by Elsevier B.V. and The Society of Powder Technology Japan. All rights reserved.
- Advanced Powder Technology. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 21, n. 2, p. 197-202, 2010.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Rietveld refinement
- Crystal growth
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.