Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Total Obturation of Velopharynx for Treatment of Velopharyngeal Hypodynamism: Case Report
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- A child with microdeletion at 22q11.21 was referred to a craniofacial center due to hypernasality, unintelligible speech, and bifid uvula. Velopharyngeal dysfunction remained after surgical repair of submucous cleft palate and speech therapy. A prosthetic-behavioral treatment approach involving total obturation of the velopharynx was successfully implemented for management of velopharyngeal hypodynamism.
- Cleft Palate-craniofacial Journal. Lawrence: Alliance Communications Group Division Allen Press, v. 49, n. 4, p. 488-493, 2012.
- Alliance Communications Group Division Allen Press
- speech bulb
- speech therapy
- velopharyngeal dysfunction
- velopharyngeal hypodynamism
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.