Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Photocatalytic decomposition of methylene blue via Fenton mechanisms by silicon wafer doped with Au and Cu: a theoretical and experimental study
- Universidade Federal de Lavras (UFLA)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Brazilian Synchrotron Light Lab
- Brazilian Synchrotron Light Source
- LNLS: D09B-XRF6637/07
- In this work, we studied the photocatalytic and the structural aspects of silicon wafers doped with Au and Cu submitted to thermal treatment. The materials were obtained by deposition of metals on Si using the sputtering method followed by fast heating method. The photocatalyst materials were characterized by synchrotron-grazing incidence X-ray fluorescence, ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, and assays of H(2)O(2) degradation. The doping process decreases the optical band gap of materials and the doping with Au causes structural changes. The best photocatalytic activity was found for thermally treated material doped with Au. Theoretical calculations at density functional theory level are in agreement with the experimental data.
- Journal of Materials Science. New York: Springer, v. 44, n. 4, p. 1029-1034, 2009.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.