Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Influence of the temperature on the nucleation of silver nanoparticles in Tm3+/Yb3+ codoped PbO-GeO2 glasses
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
- The influence of the temperature on the nucleation of silver nanoparticles (NPs) in Tm3+/Yb3+ codoped PbO-GeO2 glasses was studied in this work. The infrared-to-visible frequency upconversion (UC) luminescence of Tm3+ ions was used to probe the NPs nucleation and the results were correlated with the increase of the heat-treatment temperature. Emission spectra in the blue-red region were measured by exciting the samples with a cw 980 nm diode laser in resonance with the Yb3+ transition (F-2(7/2) -> F-2(5/2)). The results were correlated with transmission electron microscopy measurements and revealed the different behavior of the nucleation process as a function of temperature.The enhanced UC emission in the visible region is attributed to the increased local field in the proximity of the silver NPs combined with the Yb3+ -> Tm3+ energy transfer. (C) 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Journal of Non-crystalline Solids. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 356, n. 44-49, p. 2465-2467, 2010.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Lead germanate glass
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.