Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Synthesis and Photoluminescence Behavior of the Eu3+ Ions as a Nanocoating over a Silica Stober Matrix
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In this work, a SiO2 spherical were prepared by the Stober Method and then recovered with a single layer of Eu2O3 oxide (SiO2@Eu2O3) obtained by the Polymeric Precursor Method. The SiO2@Eu2O3 powder was heated treated at 100, 300, 400, 500 and 800 A degrees C. The samples were characterized by the Scanning Electonic Microscopy (SEM), Thermal Analysis (TGA/DTA), and the luminescent properties of the SiO2@Eu2O3 powders were studied by their emission and excitation spectra as well as by the lifetime measurements of the Eu3+ D-5(0) -> aEuro parts per thousand F-7(2) transition. The SEM analysis shows that the silica prepared by the Stober Method is spherical with a particle size of 460 nm. The emission spectra of the SiO2@Eu2O3 powders presented the Eu3+ characteristics bands related to the D-5(0) -> aEuro parts per thousand F-7(J) (J = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4) transitions at 577, 591, 616, 649 and 695 nm, respectively. The band related to the D-5(0) -> aEuro parts per thousand F-7(2) transition is the most intense in the spectra, and its intensity decreases with the temperature enhancement. The decay curves of the SiO2@Eu2O3 samples presented monoexponential features, and the obtained lifetime values were higher than the Eu2O3 oxide. It was possible to conclude that the D-5(0) -> aEuro parts per thousand F-7(2) hypersensitive transition is strongly dependent on the Eu3+ surrounding.
- Journal of Fluorescence. New York: Springer/plenum Publishers, v. 21, n. 3, p. 975-981, 2011.
- Springer/plenum Publishers
- Photoluminescence properties
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.