Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Heterogeneous Fenton reactants: a study of the behavior of iron oxide nanoparticles obtained by the polymeric precursor method
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária (EMBRAPA)
- Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto (UFOP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- CNPq: 478670/2007-9
- CNPq: 150257/2009-0
- Nanoparticles composed of iron oxides and iron salts were obtained from polymeric resins produced by polymerizing Fe(2+)-citrate and Fe(3+)-citrate complexes with ethylene glycol. The citric acid:Fe molar ratio was varied to obtain different synthesis conditions. The materials were treated at 450 degrees C for 2 h to obtain nanoparticles, which were characterized by XRD, Mossbauer spectroscopy, FEG, CHNS, atomic absorption and surface area through N(2) physisorption. Rhodamine B photo degradation in the presence of these nanoparticles and hydrogen peroxide was carried out to analyze the possible behavior of nanoparticles as heterogeneous Fenton reactants. UV-visible spectroscopy revealed that the catalytic activity in the presence of nanoparticles obtained with a citric acid:Fe molar ratio of 12:1 was the condition that provided the best results in this work.
- Journal of Sol-gel Science and Technology. Dordrecht: Springer, v. 52, n. 2, p. 299-303, 2009.
- Water treatment
- Polymeric precursors
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.