Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Nucleation and growth evolution of InP dots on InGaP/GaAs
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- We have investigated the evolution in the heteroepitaxy of InP on InGaP/GaAs (0 0 1) layers from the initial formation of a strained wetting layer (WL) up to the development of quantum dots. Atomic force microscopy and RHEED as well as continuous and time-resolved photoluminescence measurements provide evidence of four main stages for InP growth evolution. Our results indicate that the InP dot formation occurs according to the Stranski-Krastanov growth mode coupled to a WL erosion mechanism driven by the spatially variable strain field present in the WL. Moreover, the correlation of morphological and optical data indicates the stability of dot shapes and interfaces in this system.
- Journal of Physics D-applied Physics. Bristol: Iop Publishing Ltd, v. 43, n. 28, p. 5, 2010.
- Iop Publishing Ltd
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.