Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Avaliação de colesterol e triglicerídeos séricos em cães saudáveis suplementados com ômega n-3
- Evaluation of serum cholesterol and triglycerides in healthy dogs supplemented with mega-3 N
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The analysis of serum cholesterol and triglycerides was performed in 20 healthy mongrel dogs, 10 male and 10 female, before and after supplementation for 30 days with fatty acids of long chain polyunsaturated derived from omega-3 n (497mg docosahexaenoic acid and 780mg eicosapentaenoic acid). The serum cholesterol presented a significant reduction after supplementation in both sexes (271.6 similar to 79.8mg/dL; 236,2 similar to 67,6mg/dL, before and after supplementation respectively). Regarding serum triglycerides, there was a reduction only in females (57.8 similar to 12,1mg/dL; 45.2 similar to 7,8mg/dL, before and after supplementation respectively), with no effect of supplementation in males.
- Arquivo Brasileiro de Medicina Veterinaria E Zootecnia. Minas Gerais: Arquivo Brasileiro Medicina Veterinaria Zootecnia, v. 64, n. 6, p. 1491-1496, 2012.
- Arquivo Brasileiro Medicina Veterinaria Zootecnia
- omega n-3
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.