Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A Note on the Prior Distributions of Weibull Parameters for the Reliability Function
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In Bayesian Inference it is often desirable to have a posterior density reflecting mainly the information from sample data. To achieve this purpose it is important to employ prior densities which add little information to the sample. We have in the literature many such prior densities, for example, Jeffreys (1967), Lindley (1956); (1961), Hartigan (1964), Bernardo (1979), Zellner (1984), Tibshirani (1989), etc. In the present article, we compare the posterior densities of the reliability function by using Jeffreys, the maximal data information (Zellner, 1984), Tibshirani's, and reference priors for the reliability function R(t) in a Weibull distribution.
- Communications In Statistics-theory and Methods. Philadelphia: Taylor & Francis Inc, v. 38, n. 7, p. 1041-1054, 2009.
- Taylor & Francis Inc
- Fisher matrix
- Non informative priors
- Posterior distribution
- Reliability function
- Weibull distribution
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.