Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Thermal behaviour of succinic acid, sodium succinate and its compounds with some bivalent transition metal ions
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Characterization, thermal stability and thermal decomposition of transition metal succinates, MC(2)H(4)C(2)O(4)center dot nH(2)O (M = Mn(II), Fe(II), Co(II), Ni(II), Cu(II), Zn(II)), the thermal behaviour of succinic acid (C(4)H(6)O(4)) and its sodium salt (Na(2)C(2)H(4)C(2)O(4)center dot 6H(2)O) were investigated employing simultaneous thermogravimetry and differential thermal analysis (TG-DTA), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), infrared spectroscopy, TG-FTIR system, elemental analysis and complexometry. For the hydrated compounds the dehydration and the thermal decomposition of the anhydrous compounds occur in a single step. For the sodium succinate the final residue up to 545 degrees C is sodium carbonate, while the transition metal succinates the final residues are Mn(3)O(4), Fe(2)O(3), Co(3)O(4), NiO, CuO and ZnO, respectively. The results also provided information concerning the thermal behaviour and identification of gaseous products evolved during the heating of these compounds. (C) 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Thermochimica Acta. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 500, n. 1-2, p. 6-12, 2010.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Bivalent transition metals
- Thermal behaviour
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.