Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Avaliação da capacidade de infiltração de solos submetidos a diferentes tipos de manejo
- Evaluation of the infiltration capacity of soils under different types of management
- Recursos Hidr Saneamento Pela Fac Tecnol Centec
- Fac Tecnol Centec
- Engn Civil Saneamento Ambiental Pela UFC
- Fitotecnia Pela UFC
- Fis Quim Pela Univ Marburg Alemanha
- Dept Engn Hidraul & Ambiental UFC
- Curso Agron UFC
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Curso Engn Civil UFC
- Universidade Federal do Ceará (UFC)
- Inst Ctr Ensino Tecnol Centec
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Inadequate vegetation and soil management leads to physical changes that affect aquifer recharge. The Araripe Plateau feeds an elevated number of springs on its northern slope; however, there are indications that their yield is decreasing. Through this research, it was studied the infiltration capacity of soils under different types of management. Soil samples from 21 sites were grouped into four groups. Group 1 represents areas of preserved vegetation, the others, anthropized ones. It was observed that soil moisture and infiltration capacity are linearly well correlated with organic matter; mean soil moisture during the dry season was significantly higher for Group 1 than for the other groups, even during the rainy season and anthropized areas show low organic matter contents, soil moisture, and infiltration capacity, indicating modifications in the soil's structure that reduce aquifer recharge.
- Engenharia Sanitaria E Ambiental. Rio de Janeiro: Assoc Brasileira Engenharia Sanitaria Ambiental, v. 14, n. 1, p. 89-98, 2009.
- Assoc Brasileira Engenharia Sanitaria Ambiental
- infiltration capacity
- organic matter
- Araripe Plateau
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.