Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Helminthological records of six-banded Armadillos Euphractus sexcinctus (Linnaeus, 1758) from the Brazilian semi-arid region, Patos county, Paraiba state, including new morphological data on Trichohelix tuberculata (Parona and Stossich, 1901) Ortlepp, 1922 and proposal of Hadrostrongylus ransomi nov comb.
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Campina Grande (UFCG)
- This work aimed to evaluate the gastrointestinal helminthfauna composition of six-banded armadillos from the Brazilian semi-arid region. Gastrointestinal contents of six road-killed adult animals from Patos County, Paraiba State, were analyzed. Six species of nematodes, comprising five genera and four families, were recovered from the analyzed animals. New morphological data on Trichohelix tuberculata is given, along with a new taxonomical proposal for Hadrostrongylus ransomi (Travassos, 1935) n. comb. This is the first record for parasitic helminths in this host from the Brazilian semi-arid.
- Brazilian Journal of Biology. São Carlos: Int Inst Ecology, v. 69, n. 2, p. 423-428, 2009.
- Int Inst Ecology
- Caatinga biome
- Euphractus sexcinctus
- Trichohelix tuberculata
- Hadrostrongylus ransomi
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.