Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- On the number of critical periods for planar polynomial systems
- Univ Autonoma Barcelona
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In this paper we get some lower bounds for the number of critical periods of families of centers which are perturbations of the linear one. We give a method which lets us prove that there are planar polynomial centers of degree l with at least 2[(l - 2)/2] critical periods as well as study concrete families of potential, reversible and Lienard centers. This last case is studied in more detail and we prove that the number of critical periods obtained with our approach does not. increases with the order of the perturbation. (C) 2007 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Nonlinear Analysis-theory Methods & Applications. Oxford: Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd, v. 69, n. 7, p. 1889-1903, 2008.
- Pergamon-Elsevier B.V. Ltd
- period function
- critical periods
- potential systems
- reversible centers
- Hamiltonian centers
- Lienard centers
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.