Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Luminescence of Tb(3+) doped TeO(2)-ZnO-Na(2)O-PbO glasses containing silver nanoparticles
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Laboratorio de Microscopia Eletronica (IFUSP)
- Luminescence properties of Tb(3+) doped TeO(2)-ZnO-Na(2)O-PbO glasses containing silver nanoparticles (NPs) were investigated. The absorption band due to the surface plasmon resonance in the NPs was observed. Its amplitude increases with the heat treatment of the samples that controls the nucleation of the NPs. Tb(3+) emission bands centered at approximate to 485, approximate to 550, approximate to 585, and approximate to 623 nm were detected for excitation at 377 nm. The whole spectrum is intensified by the appropriate annealing time of the samples. Enhancement by approximate to 200% of the Tb(3+) luminescence at 550 nm was observed for samples annealed at 270 degrees C during 62 h. This enhancement effect is due to the local field amplitude that increases with the amount of silver NPs and their aggregates. (C) 2008 American Institute of Physics. [DOI: 10.1063/1.3010867]
- Journal of Applied Physics. Melville: Amer Inst Physics, v. 104, n. 9, p. 3, 2008.
- American Institute of Physics (AIP)
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.