Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Quenching of para-H-2 with an ultracold antihydrogen atom (H)over-bar(1s)
- St Cloud State Univ
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- St. Cloud State University
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- In this work we report the results of calculation for quantum-mechanical rotational transitions in molecular hydrogen, H-2, induced by an ultracold ground-state antihydrogen atom (H) over bar (1s). The calculations are accomplished using a nonreactive close-coupling quantum-mechanical approach. The H-2 molecule is treated as a rigid rotor. The total elastic-scattering cross section sigma(el)(epsilon) at energy epsilon, state-resolved rotational transition cross sections sigma(jj)'(epsilon) between states j and j', and corresponding thermal rate coefficients k(jj)' (T) are computed in the temperature range 0.004 K less than or similar to T less than or similar to 4 K. Satisfactory agreement with other calculations (variational) has been obtained for sigma(el)(epsilon).
- Physical Review A. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 81, n. 2, p. 8, 2010.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.