Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Fermi acceleration and scaling properties of a time dependent oval billiard
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Moscow MV Lomonosov State Univ
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação para o Desenvolvimento da UNESP (FUNDUNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- We consider the phenomenon of Fermi acceleration for a classical particle inside an area with a closed boundary of oval shape. The boundary is considered to be periodically time varying and collisions of the particle with the boundary are assumed to be elastic. It is shown that the breathing geometry causes the particle to experience Fermi acceleration with a growing exponent rather smaller as compared to the no breathing case. Some dynamical properties of the particle's velocity are discussed in the framework of scaling analysis.
- Chaos. Melville: Amer Inst Physics, v. 19, n. 3, p. 7, 2009.
- American Institute of Physics (AIP)
- classical mechanics
- nonlinear dynamical systems
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.