Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Presence of excited electronic state in CaWO4 crystals provoked by a tetrahedral distortion: An experimental and theoretical investigation
- Univ Jaume 1
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Spanish MALTA
- Bancaixa Foundation
- Spanish-Brazilian Program
- Ciência e Innovacion
- Generalitat Valenciana for Prometeo
- Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Spanish MALTA: CSD2007-00045
- Bancaixa Foundation: P11B2009-08
- Spanish-Brazilian Program: PHB2009-0065-PC
- Ciência e Innovacion: CTQ2009-14541-C02
- Generalitat Valenciana for Prometeo: 2009/053
- By combining experimental techniques such as x-ray diffraction, Fourier transform Raman, ultraviolet-visible, x-ray absorption near edge structure, extended x-ray absorption fine structure spectroscopy, and theoretical models, a general approach to understand the relationship among photoluminescence (PL) emissions and excited electronic states in CaWO4 crystals is presented. First-principles calculations of model systems point out that the presence of stable electronic excited states (singlet) allow us to propose one specific way in which PL behavior can be achieved. In light of this result, we reexamine prior experiments on PL emissions of CaWO4. (C) 2011 American Institute of Physics. [doi:10.1063/1.3615948]
- Journal of Applied Physics. Melville: Amer Inst Physics, v. 110, n. 4, p. 11, 2011.
- American Institute of Physics (AIP)
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.