Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Anderson localization and Brewster anomalies in photonic disordered quasiperiodic lattices
- Univ Antioquia
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de Alagoas (UFAL)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- Scientific Colombian Agency CODI-University of Antioquia
- A comprehensive study of the properties of light propagation through one-dimensional photonic disordered quasiperiodic superlattices, composed of alternating layers with random thicknesses of air and a dispersive metamaterial, is theoretically performed. The superlattices consist of the successive stacking of N quasiperiodic Fibonacci or Thue-Morse heterostructures. The width of the slabs in the photonic superlattice may randomly fluctuate around its mean value, which introduces a structural disorder into the system. It is assumed that the left-handed layers have a Drude-type dispersive response for both the dielectric permittivity and magnetic permeability, and Maxwell's equations are solved for oblique incidence by using the transfer-matrix formalism. The influence of both quasiperiodicity and structural disorder on the localization length and Brewster anomalies are thoroughly discussed.
- Physical Review E. College Pk: Amer Physical Soc, v. 84, n. 3, p. 6, 2011.
- Amer Physical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.