Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Yb3+, Tm3+ and Ho3+ triply-doped tellurite core-cladding optical fiber for white light generation
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Presbiteriana Mackenzie
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Instituto Nacional de Fotonica - InFo
- Tellurite glass is proposed as a host for Yb3+, Tm3+ and Ho3+ triply doped optical fiber and, in this work, a new multimode optical fiber with triply-doped core was fabricated. We report results on the processing and characterization of tellurite-based glass preforms and fibers. Cr3+ was used as tracer to assess core quality and uniformity across 60 mm length preform. By Raman fluorescence of Tm3+ ions contained into the core, we also mapped the interface between core and cladding that reveals an interface around 45 mu m for a 10.11 mm of preform. For triply-doped core fiber excited at 980 nm, we generated white light radiation. The chromaticity diagram showed the multicolor emission and the color tunability of the triply-doped core optical fiber. (C) 2011 Optical Society of America
- Optical Materials Express. Washington: Optical Soc Amer, v. 1, n. 8, p. 1515-1526, 2011.
- Optical Soc Amer
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.