Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Relationship between Crystal Shape, Photoluminescence, and Local Structure in SrTiO3 Synthesized by Microwave-Assisted Hydrothermal Method
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Federal de Goiás (UFG)
- Univ Jaume 1
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- CNPq: 70/2008
- This paper describes the effect of using different titanium precursors on the synthesis and physical properties of SrTiO3 powders obtained by microwave-assisted hydrothermal method. X-ray diffraction measurements, X-ray absorption near-edge structure (XANES) spectroscopy, field emission scanning electron microscopy (FE-SEM), and high-resolution transmission electron microscopy (HRTEM) were carried out to investigate the structural and optical properties of the SrTiO3 spherical and cubelike-shaped particles. The appropriate choice of the titanium precursor allowed the control of morphological and photoluminescence (PL) properties of SrTiO3 compound. The PL emission was more intense in SrTiO3 samples composed of spherelike particles. This behavior was attributed to the existence of a lower amount of defects due to the uniformity of the spherical particles.
- Journal of Nanomaterials. New York: Hindawi Publishing Corporation, p. 6, 2012.
- Hindawi Publishing Corporation
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.