Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Condom use at last sexual relationship among adolescents of Santiago Island, Cape Verde, - West Africa
- Univ Integracao Int Lusofonia Afro Brasileira
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Emilio Ribas Publ Hlth Museum
- Objective: To estimate factors associated with condom use at last sexual intercourse among adolescents.Methods: Cross-sectional study of a representative sample of 368 sexually active adolescents aged 13-17 years from eight public high schools on Santiago Island, Cape Verde, 2007. The level of significance was 5.0% obtained from logistic regression, considering the association between condom use and socio-demographic, sexual and reproductive variables.Results: The prevalence of condom use at last sexual intercourse was 94.9%. Factors associated with condom use at last sexual relationship were: non-Catholic religion (OR=0.68, 95%CI: 0.52; 0.88) and affective-sexual partnership before the interview (OR=5.15, 95%CI: 1.79; 14.80).Conclusions: There was a high prevalence of condom use at last sexual intercourse of adolescents.
- Reproductive Health. London: Biomed Central Ltd., v. 9, p. 6, 2012.
- Biomed Central Ltd.
- Adolescent health
- Condom use
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Cape Verde
- West Africa
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.