Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Analysis of the workers head transcriptome of the Asian subterranean termite, Coptotermes gestroi
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Federal de São Carlos (UFSCar)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP)
- FAPESP: 06/59086-8
- FAPESP: 08/50114-4
- The lower termite, Coptotermes gestroi (Isoptera: Rhinotermitidae), is originally from Southeast Asia and has become a pest in Brazil. The main goal of this study was to survey C. gestroi transcriptome composition. To accomplish this, we sequenced and analyzed 3003 expressed sequence tags (ESTs) isolated from libraries of worker heads. After assembly, 695 uniESTs were obtained from which 349 have similarity with known sequences. Comparison with insect genomes demonstrated similarity, primarily with genes from Apis mellifera (28%), Tribolium castaneum (28%) and Aedes aegypti (10%). Notably, we identified two endogenous cellulases in the sequences, which may be of interest for biotechnological applications. The results presented in this work represent the first genomic study of the Asian subterranean termite, Coptotermes gestroi.
- Bulletin of Entomological Research. Cambridge: Cambridge Univ Press, v. 101, n. 4, p. 383-391, 2011.
- Cambridge University Press
- Coptotermes gestroi
- cDNA library
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.