Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Neoechinorhynchus curemai (Acanthocephala : Neoechinorhynchidae) in Prochilodus lineatus (Osteichthyes : Prochilodontidae)from the Parana River, Brazil
- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (UFSC)
- Universidade do Oeste Paulista (UNOESTE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This work evaluated, parasitic infections by Neoechinorhynchus curemai (Acanthocephala: Neoechinorhynchidae) in Prochilodus lineatus captured between August 2000 and August 2001 in the Parana River, Presidente Epitacio, São Paulo, Brazil. of 87 fishes examined, 59 were infected (25 males and 34 females). High mean intensities occurred in August 2000 (45.2, range 2-204), September 2000 (28.5, range 11-73), October 2000 (59.3, range 2-250) and February 2001 (27.3, range 3-73). There was no relationship of rainfall with mean intensity and prevalence. Males were more parasitized (P < 0.05) than females. This work contributes to the knowledge of helminth parasites of fish from a little studied region of the Parana River, showing diversity in their fauna when compared to other places in the same river. (c) 2005 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Veterinary Parasitology. Amsterdam: Elsevier B.V., v. 134, n. 1-2, p. 111-115, 2005.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Prochilodus lineatus
- Neoechinorhynchus curemai
- São Paulo
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.