Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Ecologia da ictiofauna de um córrego de cabeceira da bacia do alto rio Paraná, Brasil
- Ecology of the ichthyofauna of a headwater stream of the upper Paraná River basin, Brazil
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- Ecological studies were conducted in the ichthyofauna of Cedro, a small headwater stream located in a degraded area of State of São Paulo, Brazil, situated in the upper Paraná River basin. These are the results of two non-consecutive years observations and collections in two biotopes of that stream: a pool and a rapid. The ecological characteristics studied change in space and time. The present richness of species is high (21 species), nine of which are constant, six accessory and six accidental. The diversity is low (0.69 to 2.38), and the numeric predominance, from one to three species, occurred in both biotopes. The most frequent species are Poecilia reticulata (Peters, 1859) (28.1%), Corydoras cf. aeneus (Gill, 1858) (20.3%) and Hypostomus cf. ancistroides (Ihering, 1911) (19.8%). The density ranges from 0.7 to 19.8 specimens/m³. The similarity index indicates high similarity between the ichthyofauna (45.0% to 95.0%) inside the same or contiguous biotopes. The evenness (0.46 to 1.0) is comparable to those found in similar studies carried out in other streams.
- Iheringia. Série Zoologia. Fundação Zoobotânica do Rio Grande do Sul, v. 92, n. 3, p. 69-78, 2002.
- Fundação Zoobotânica do Rio Grande do Sul
- upper Paraná River
- ecological index
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.