Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Mentol como anestésico para dourado (Salminus brasiliensis)
- Menthol as anesthesic for dourado (Salminus brasiliensis)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Estadual Mato Grosso Sul
- Universidade Federal da Grande Dourados (UFGD)
- Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária (EMBRAPA)
- Different levels of menthol as an anesthetic for dourado (Salminus brasiliensis) were evaluated in this study. Fish (n=32) with average weight of 194.13 +/- 9.06 g and total mean length of 25.30 +/- 0.90 cm were separated in four groups composed of 8 individuals. Each group was submitted to different menthol concentrations: 60, 90, 120 and 150 mg L(-1). Total induction time was analyzed by polynomial regression and other parameters by Tukey's test. All experimental fish exposed to different concentrations of menthol reached deep anesthesia stage without mortality. It was observed a negative linear effect (P<0.05) for total induction time. The longest recovery time (172.60 s) was observed for dourado treated with 120 mg. L(-1), which differed (P<0.05) from the 90 mg.L(-1) treatment (122.03 s). All levels evaluated in this study were safe and effective. A concentration of 60 mg L(-1) for dourado is suggested based on lower cost and adequate induction and recovery time responses.
- Boletim do Instituto de Pesca. São Paulo: Inst Pesca, v. 36, n. 2, p. 143-148, 2010.
- Inst Pesca
- Alternative anesthetic
- Mentha spp.
- freshwater fish
- native species
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.