Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Efecto Insecticida del Extracto de Semillas de Neem (Azadirachta indica A. Juss) sobre Collaria scenica Stal (Hemiptera: Miridae)
- Insecticide Effect of Neem (Azadirachta indica A. Juss) Seed Extract against Collaria scenica Stal (Hemiptera: Miridae).
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This work was developed with the objetive to evaluate the insecticidal effect of the Neem (Azadirachta indica A. Juss) seeds against grass bug nymphs Collaria scenica Stal. For that, an extract was prepared from green fruits of Neem by rotaevaporacion. The extract was diluted in three ppm concentrations corresponding to treatments. Using thin-layer chromatography we identified the presence of Azaridactina. DCA essay was carried out with 4 treatments and 5 repetitions that included the three extract concentrations and a control. In each repetition were used 15 nymphs, randomly placed in plastic boxes with food and the corresponding concentration. Every day an extract application was made and recorded mortality percentage, number of exuviae and number of individuals who came to adulthood in each treatment. The results were analyzed using Kruskal-Wallis and Games-Howell for each variable. The three concentrations of Neem seed extract had a negative effect on the development of the bugs. The more concentrated treatment (250 ppm) was the most effective, showing a 97% mortality, fewer exuvias and and fewer adults in the end of the experiment.
- Entomobrasilis. , v. 5, n. 2, p. 120-124, 2012.
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.